Thursday, April 06, 2006

The Best of March

Okay..... a month's a bit long. Sorry for being a negligent blogger. To atone for this, I going to give you all a brief synopsis of the highs and lows of March.

1. Ran in the Nike expressway Half-Marathon. Yes, I got up at 3:30 to run 10.5 Km out to a cone and then back on an empty road. I think I may have been the fastest male foreigner in my age group [there were four of us]. The race in two words: Bleeding nipples.

2. I almost got evicted for standing up for my academic ethics. Apparently my landlord's conceptions of editing and willful disregard for academic intergrity are closely aligned.

3. With each passing day I have become increasingly enamored with the furry lobster.

4. It was Carambola [Starfruit] season, I have probably eaten enough to kill a Shetland Pony.

5. Signed up for a race up the Xinguang Department Building before genuinely considering what I was getting myself into. 46 floors doesn't seem like too much on paper.... We'll see how I fair after Saturday.

6. Started my new class with the highly innocuous title "News and Views." Thus far, the text [which is still in its trial phase] has yet to establish a clear pattern. To highlight this lack of cohesion, Chapter 4 "The Charm of Television Shopping" seamlessly elides into Chapter 5 "Euthanasia." Well... perhaps there is some connection.

7. It's finally T-shirt season at the night markets and true to form, many of them are delightfully unintelligible. Those that are coherent still have a certain charm. Last weekend, Ariel and I came across a shirt with a monkey holding a guitar. At the bottom of the shirt was a brief description of this monkey. [The first two lines are a paraphrase but the last one is word for word]
This monkey has certain powers.
Helping you achieve the goal.
Secret Function.
Yes, we all covet monkeys with secret functions.
So, that's the gist of March, I'll see what I can do to keep up with April.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home